• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Room temperature

poelie

Is it possible to keep a couple ap.borellii on room temperature even now its lower like 19°(66f).?

MacZ

A. borellii (A. is short for Apistogramma, not Ap.) are one of a handful of species that can of course be kept at around 20°C. Usually A. borellii and A. trifasciata are the only ones of these species available.

Apistoguy52

Is it possible to keep a couple ap.borellii on room temperature even now its lower like 19°(66f).?
I’d say if your room is 19* year round, it’s probably not ideal, but if you’ve got some seasonal warming, 19 in the winter months is perfectly acceptable. borrellii is a fantastic species, mine tolerated a temperature range of 16-34* with no issues.

poelie

Thank you for your answer.
Now in winter its around 19, in summer warmer. Just like in nature.
So i dont need to use a heater right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….