• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recent acquisition

Cydeth

I picked this pair up just over a week ago, they're settling in well and showing great colour. The female is particularly attractive and is such a dark yellow that she is almost orange.

She's picked out her hide and is being particularly agressive about its defense. I don't think there are eggs yet, but I suspect it won't be all that long.

Apistogramma bitaeniata

Attachments

• IMG_20210601_203303.jpg
    IMG_20210601_203303.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20210524_134000.jpg
    IMG_20210524_134000.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 169

Cydeth

We have eggs, and plenty of them.

I have no idea if the male has done his job but the female certainly has, her hide is covered in tiny pink eggs and she is doing a fantastic job of defending the area.

I was actually concerned about her, I hadn't seen her for a couple of days. I caught a glimpse of her this evening just before the lights went off and there was just enough time to see her work.

I wasn't expecting the pair to move so fast, I've had them for under 2 weeks. I'm not complaining though.

rasmusW

5 Year Member
beautiful fish. they look a lot like my bitaeniatas. great fish for sure.
good luck with the eggs.

-r

Cydeth

beautiful fish. they look a lot like my bitaeniatas. great fish for sure.
good luck with the eggs.

-r
Thank you.

They really are lovely fish and I'm enjoying having them. It's been quite a few years since I last kept apistos and I'm really glad I decided to start again.

Bags of personality, and in the females case, just as much aggression. Haha

Cydeth

There was no luck this time, unfortunately.

The female was absolutely great, but a few days after the eggs appeared they were gone. I assume they were not viable and eaten in the end.

I'm still hopeful for future success.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….