• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ramirezi - Help me !!!

Z Man

5 Year Member
PBas,
Looks like a female to me! Males will not have the blue spangled dots anywhere near the side spot along the lateral line.
"Z"

P

PBas

First of all i want to thank you for your fast reply. :)

I've read in many sites that the male has the first part of the dorsal fin bigger. I've read also that females are less colorfull than males.

I've other ram on the aquarium (i think it's the same sex) and the other one is always pushing him to corners.

how the rams behave when they're different sexes ? Specially when one of them is on the aquarium when the other "comes in"....

you can see a picture of the other ram here -> http://www.brothersg.com/pbas/Ramirezi - o outro.jpg

Please note that the pictures were taken with flash.

Thanks,

Z Man

5 Year Member
I looked at ALL the photo's at your site. They all look like females to me. I thought they were the same fish. Females will also have an extended dorsal ray but not as long as the male.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….