• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ZanaZoola14

Does anyone know the ability of apistos and rams in the same tank, 30gallon long.
Heavily decorated, hardly space to see from one side to the other. Planing to make it more dense, and plenty of caves (from ground to top of water).
The tree in the centre is flush side to side, and top to bottom, with various plants (like buce, moss and anubias) to make sure it is hard to see through. There are also caves under the tree. The left side is mostly caves and tunnels, whereas the right side also has flat rocks and less caves. There are also lots of leaf litter, covering the whole bottom third of the tank. There is val across the back of the tank, already reaching top to bottom. As well as various plants throughout to help block view (with more on the way). I also have red root and salvinia to add for surface plants, and pothos.

This is only an idea, like to but can not find set ideas on whether good or bad. If it is a bad idea then will scrap straight away.
More curious due to the unset information that I can find about it.

Attachments

• IMG20220714092514.jpg
    IMG20220714092514.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG20220712144100.jpg
    IMG20220712144100.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG20220712135736.jpg
    IMG20220712135736.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 129

MacZ

I expect the rams to be outcompeted. Combining different genera of dwarf cichlids in one tank rarely works out and would need a bigger tank (120-150cm length).
Your tank may be good for Apistos, for rams it is rather unsuitable. Mikrogeophagus don't use caves. Only if pressured.

ZanaZoola14

I expect the rams to be outcompeted. Combining different genera of dwarf cichlids in one tank rarely works out and would need a bigger tank (120-150cm length).
Your tank may be good for Apistos, for rams it is rather unsuitable. Mikrogeophagus don't use caves. Only if pressured.
That is what I thought. I do have access to substrate, leaf litter and flat rocks, towards the right of the tank, which I know they prefer.

And yes, my tank is only more 100cm rather than 120cm

MacZ

The only combination I could imagine would be wild type Mikrogeophagus with a species of Apisto from the same habitat in a 150x40x40.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….