• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions about my Apistogramma elizabethae ( ID, Do I get 2 males,etc.)

Saparat555

Hello, I'm a new member here and this is my first post, though I have read many great threads from you guys for quite a while.:) After gathering information, and waiting for apisto species I desired, I finally have my first " Apistogramma tank":D It's a pair of wild A.elizabethae ( I'm not sure if it's even a pair though-.-) and I have some questoins about them.

1.Are they polygamous or monogamous ?

2. Does this species agressive? Can I put them with other apisto species ? ( my local fish shop have nice wild specimens :A. uapesi,A. gibbiceps,A. sp. Pebas ,A. agassizii itaya/tefe, A.gephyra,A. allpahuayo, A. bitaeniata,A. cacautoide,Taeniacara Candidi #can I keep them with any of these)

3.My seller didn't tell the ID, because It's mixed-.-. Can you guys ID them?
4.I'm afraid that I got another male instead of a female. Or, even worse, It's another male species. I saw it's flaring in front of mirror. Does female apisto have this behavior?

Here is my tank :)) and the pics of them flaring Tank size and parameters : 40 gallon, pH 5.5, KH 0, GH 3

ไม่มีคำอธิบาย
144512534_1319420181748894_9128923569263705995_n.jpg
ไม่มีคำอธิบาย
the suspect 'female' flaring
1612139359304.png
both of them together the male usually chase the other one, its tale is quite beaten

Thank you in advance for any input :) Saparat/Nat

Attachments

• 1612138971578.png
    1612138971578.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

CRD

Nice looking male elizabethea! Wonderful fish. The other fish gives me a bit of pause. The picture isn't the greatest, and there seems to be a distinct caudal spot which concerns me. If you could, more/better pictures, would help determine if it is elizabethea, or one of the other species we see collected as by-catch (meinkeini, sp. tiqiue?)

Saparat555

Nice looking male elizabethea! Wonderful fish. The other fish gives me a bit of pause. The picture isn't the greatest, and there seems to be a distinct caudal spot which concerns me. If you could, more/better pictures, would help determine if it is elizabethea, or one of the other species we see collected as by-catch (meinkeini, sp. tiqiue?)
Thank you so much for your reply.:) I tried my best taking these pics with my iphone cameraTOT Ihave take some more today. Could you please look at it? Yes, I also found a spot on his caudal fin and also I found two layers of colrs ( orange and blue on his dorsal fin) Here are some pics I took today. I also draw a pic since Iy's hard to see color in the pics. (have attached file) (also is it possible yo id the river of this eliabethae or I have to wait for him to growmore)
1612208864812.png

1612208910421.png

I have to agree with CRD, the female looks like something other than A. elizabethae. BTW, I wish we had a local store that has what you listed. Most of us here would be in heaven.

Thank you for your reply. :) Yes, I'm really happy to have his store near me. I think the guy himself really love apisto. He even names his store Apistolife. He usually imports many great fish and ,of course, many nice apisto both wild and bred.

IMG_3870.jpg
IMG_3868.jpg
IMG_3839.JPG
IMG_3836.JPG
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3777 (1).jpg
IMG_3783 (1).JPG
1612208864812.png
1612208867035.png
1612208910421.png

Saparat555

The more pictures you post, the more your "female" looks like Apistogramma sp. Tiquie
Are these two species found in the same area ? Do you find them regulary in the trade ? If it is rarely to come aroud. I will keep him and try to buy more female for both of them from my seller. lol I'm pretty new with apisto. :) Thank you :D

CRD

Both are found in the same area. sp Tiquie I've only ever seen as an elizabethea contaminant, which makes them fairly uncommon in the hobby. Its a neat fish. I'd be headed back to the LFS and looking for more fish in the elizabethea tank with that clearly detached caudal spot.

Saparat555

Both are found in the same area. sp Tiquie I've only ever seen as an elizabethea contaminant, which makes them fairly uncommon in the hobby. Its a neat fish. I'd be headed back to the LFS and looking for more fish in the elizabethea tank with that clearly detached caudal spot.
Thanks so much for your replies !!! I really apprciate it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….