• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pyrrhulina obermuelleri

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hi all!

I’m thinking of getting 6 of these for my A. Atahualpa tank.
But first i’d like to hear if any of you have had them before and if you could tell a little about them. Info on them web is rather sparse. All i know, i got from tomC’s site and what little “seriously fish” and “fishbase” could tell.
Also i’d Like to know if they can be found together in the wild? -same question goes for my sailfin tetras?

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
I have been eyeing them for quite some time on my lfs, import list. So now is the time to try them out.
I hope they don’t jump much as i don’t have a lid on the tank.
I’ll be sure to take some photos once they are in the tank.

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
as promised.. here is a few pictures of my new fish.
i bought 6, but one of them sadly turned the wrong way shortly after they got in the tank.
they are fully grown as far as i can see (-they have been on the importers list for some time).
i'm looking forward to see them once/if they get a bit more color.

IMG_5308_2.jpg
IMG_5315_2.jpg
IMG_5311_2.jpg

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
evening all!

i thought i was time to add a few more pictures here.
the fish have really coloured up since these first pictures. i have also seen the first breeding attempts, though it's roughly a month ago now.

i am still a bit uncertain, if they actually are p. obermuelleri. they look a lot like the cf. brevis, i find if i do a google search. -i'd love to hear your thoughts.

IMG_5340_2.jpg
IMG_5307_2.jpg
IMG_5332_2.jpg
IMG_5346_2.jpg
IMG_5351_2.jpg

-r

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….