• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PVC for hiding places

Moreta

5 Year Member
I've been doing a lot of Apisto website surfing and have seen PVC sections in use in Apisto/Dwarf tanks as hiding places/refuges. I've got my 29 gal set up with the upside down pots/slate/driftwood typestuff but thought that the PVC sections might be used towards the back for "extra hiding spots" and double as plant anchors. Using the Black PVC, once the plants grew around them I thought they'd be unobtrusive.

Anybody use PVC, and if so, what OD and length of sections? FYI its going into a tank that will house a trio of A. cacatouides.

Thank in advance,

Tracy

Scooter

5 Year Member
Hey Moreta. I use pvc in my QT/sick tanks, but not in my show tanks. I generally use 3/4" or 1" and I prefer elbows, tees, or connectors. This way I don't have to cut anything :D

Moreta

5 Year Member
Thanks Scooter...they way this tank is set up you won't see them much anyway.

I appreciate the help!

Tracy

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….