• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help with ID

steveapex

Hello everyone, can some knows which apisto this, in the atore they say is A. Viejita but I Googled and doesn't look like the fish in the results.

his name is Marcus btw

thanks in advance.
22F55FD5-0E5E-4B18-85EE-D138AF86E9AF.jpeg

Attachments

• 0ECB7D38-FC56-4B73-984F-2CE49855B6AF.jpeg
    0ECB7D38-FC56-4B73-984F-2CE49855B6AF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 292
  • 0230F3BF-CC5C-4A13-98E0-89B29E039B37.jpeg
    0230F3BF-CC5C-4A13-98E0-89B29E039B37.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 243

MacZ

Nice fish, but: Could you take a picture in neutral white light? The blueish light is shifting the colours.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
It's most likely A. sp. Schwarzkehl/Black-throat which unfortunately is still often called "A. viejita III" despite it being not just a population/form of A. viejita but rather a separate species. "Most likely" because there are two other forms, D29 and D30, which can be safely distinguished from Schwarzkehl only by means of their catch locations. However, since the latter two are from more remote areas and afaik have never been in the trade so far, I'm quite sure your fish is Schwarzkehl. Btw when you google for A. viejita 90% of the results you find will be A. macmasteri...

Last edited:

steveapex

It's most likely A. sp. Schwarzkehl/Black-throat which unfortunately is still often called "A. viejita III" despite it being not just a population/form of A. viejita but rather a separate species. "Most likely" because there are two other forms, D29 and D30, which can be safely distinguished from Schwarzkehl only by means of their catch locations. However, since the latter two are from more remote areas and afaik have never been in the trade so far, I'm quite sure your fish is Schwarzkehl. Btw when you google for A. viejita 90% of the results you find will be A. macmasteri...
Thank so much Frank, is definitely a A. sp Schwarzkohl, your answer has been more than instructional.

steveapex

It's "SchwarzkEhl" with an e, (meaning "black throat"), "Schwarzkohl" is literally "black cabbage", meaning Italian Kale. ;) Sry, I teach German.
Oh yeah, I wrote it wrong. Thanks for the clarification, I´ll just gonna call him black throat jeje :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….