• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orange or yellow?

Red76

I bred a male double red with what was labeled as a female DbRed. The babies,now 8 months old have yellow instead of orange.
My question is why are the tails yellow?
Their daddy jumped out and now the biggest male is starting turn orange?
Is it a dominance thing? Is it their diet? What causes this??

Attachments

• 20201212_171637.jpg
    20201212_171637.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 175

Red76

Bug bites I thought was about the best.
Still curious why the baby turned orange after his dad died an diet hasn't changed, yet others in same tank are yellow.
Thank you. I'll be feeding live food now.

Bowluvr

I add a high quality color flake to my flake mix (I use multiple flake formulas mixed together in a larger bucket), as well as a krill flake, and feed live bbs a few times/week. My cacatuoides have good, strong color. Be sure to use foods with natural color enhancers such as brine, krill, plankton, etc, not testosterone or other hormone-enhancers. Ken's Fish has a great color flake, and that's my usual go-to, though I've also purchased the color flakes from Angels Plus and from Your Fish Stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….