• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not Quite South American Biotope

skoram

As a continuation of my thread in the Apistogramma section, here are some new photos of my tank with a pair of A. uaupesi.

uaupesi_1.jpg

uaupesi_2.jpg

Tank is filled mostly with various species of Echinodorus, Dwarf Sag, some crypts and a lot of Amazon Frogbit. There are a few things in there, like the dwarf rasbora, which are not from SA - I'm still pretty new to this. If I can ever figure out my water chemistry I'd like to set up a real blackwater biotope someday.

skoram

Thank you guys. It's come a long way since March when I first purchased the apistos. Still, it's nothing compared to some of the other real biotope tanks from other members of this site.

Also, I'm starting to realize that I'm going to have to purchase a proper camera and learn some photography if I want to show off my fish and tanks ... the photos look soooo much worse than the real thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….