• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nijesseni spawn vs cockatoo - question on egg hatching

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
So i want a TDS of approx 25 - or 3 part RO water and 1 part tap (our tap is around 100 TDS). Then use leaves to lower the ph. How do people measure in units of microS ?
The quoted conductivity values are nearly always microS/cm, so if just see 80 microS, it means 80 microS/cm.
TDS is linear, so If you're confident in that your tap is TDS 100 and your RO is near zero, you can accurately predict the result of mixing the two.
I know my tap is TDS 100 +/- 10
Perfect, as @Ben Rhau says it should be a linear scale, I'd start with 10:1 RO:tap, you can always add more tap, but you can't take it away.

If you can set your TDS meter to conductivity? I would. If you can't, you need to find the conversion factor (may be called "cell constant"). It is likely to be 0.64, but it could be 0.5 (100 micros ~ 50 ppm TDS) if the major salt is likely to be NaCl.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….