• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newish to rare apistos

fishrob2509

Hi, I've kept some of the more common species of apistos, and have sold them for years. I've successfully bred apistogramma cacatuoides in the past but, now I work with some of the rarer wild caught apistos. I currently am setting up a either a 40 breeder or a 75 gallon planted tank with white cloud mountain minnows, celestial pearl danios and red striped burmese rasboras as dither fish to a group of wild caught apistogramma elizabethae that I plan on breeding and selling.
Thanks for reading,
Rob

MacZ

white cloud mountain minnows, celestial pearl danios and red striped burmese rasboras
Those are not compatible with your Apistogramma. The cichlids need their water warmer, softer and more acidic than these fish. Take pencilfish as dithers, they can go all the way with the parameters.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dws9876

Latest profile posts

Apistomaster wrote on anewbie's profile.
I see that The Wet Spot Tropical Fish currently has the fire red A. agassizi you are looking for. Here is the link:
I've always had good experiences buying from them on line.
Hallo,
I am Hanzle from Holland and keep apistoos for 40 years. Had my own aquarium shop from 1984 till 1988. Always s great fan from apistoos and hyphessobrycon which is s great combination in a Community Aquarium. Perhaps.....in the near future I start breeding apistoos again. Have a 400 liters Community aquarium for hyphessobrycon wadai and apistogramma biteaniata.
I want to get a 55 gallon slightly planted tank with many caves and I am thinking of getting 2 electric blue acaras, 3 blue rams, a apistogramma, 3 angelfish, and some corrydoras. Will that work if I keep the temperature at about and 80 or less?
I have kept fish for quite a long time but never cichlids. I want to find out more about them.
Hi
my Hongsloi, keep eating their eggs, any help greatly appreciated