• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Software for Apistogramma.com!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi everyone and welcome to the new site! I hope you like the new and improved software we're now using! You should be able to log in and use the site just like normal. Overall everything should look more or less the same though some links to some things have changed. Please let me know how you like it by replying to this thread. If you experience a bug or have a problem you need addressed ASAP, please start a new thread in this subforum.

Thank you all for your patience during the migration. This should be a drastic improvement for Apistogramma.com and I'm excited to hear what you all think about it!

Thanks!!

Josh

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks for the comments! It should be much faster and easier to navigate! This software should also make the site much more "Google friendly" too.

I haven't received many bug reports or complaints/issues yet... As an Admin that means I either did a decent job or no one's stepping forward to tell me the truth ;) :)

gerald

5 Year Member
One complaint: the tiny dim gray font on black background (for example, date of last post) is really hard to see for some of us old farts. Is there somewhere is "settings" or "preferences" that we can either change text color or size ?

DaRe

5 Year Member
Looks fantastic!! Impressive work. Do you have tapatalk support now? Or soon?

Sorry, give me the a hand and I'll grab the entire arm.;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Gerald. I will change that font style so it's a bit easier to read...

Tapatalk functionality is up and running!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
There seems to be some concern about the page that used to list "Today's Posts" on the old forum software...

We now have a nearly identical page that will list all new posts/threads since your last visit (and even before). You can find that link at the top of each and every page, it's "Whats New?"

Let me know if anyone needs help finding anything else. I'm happy to help if you're willing to let me know what the issue is! :)

Joe

IMO the old software was a lot nicer.

It really annoys me how this software automatically makes your avatar square. I have just used a random photo I had on my computer because my old avatar got squished into a square and went all fuzzy and yuck. Also I don't like the fact how is gives you a random one if you don't have an avatar.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Joe, if you post the avatar you wished to have initially I'd be happy to square it up for you so it doesn't come out fuzzy.
The software doesn't assign random avatars if you don't have one. It does assign a male Apisto if you have indicated you're male in your profile and female if you've indicated female. I thought you all might like this little touch I added myself. If you don't indicate a gender you get an entirely different avatar with a question mark over it. IMO, these are better than the default avatars which were the male symbol, the female symbol, and a question mark, respectively...

nijrem

I'm just really happy I can use my iPhone now to keep up to date on all posts, and react, either with advice or just a friendly comment.
I haven't actually seen the new web environment as of yet, but I'm sure it will look functional enough at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
If you used one of the lighter themes when the site was on vBulletin, then you will probably have some adjusting to do until I take the time to find a suitable dark-text-on-light-background theme and tailor it to suit our logo and avatars. Otherwise it's very much the same with less intrusive advertisements than the site that was live 2 months ago...

Racine Vice

Josh, I appreciate the work you are doing to improve this forum, but I find myself visiting less and less and instead of reading every new thread everytime I visit, I just read a couple. The main reason for this is the readablilty of the threads which stems from all of the unused, empty black space surrounding every post.

On either side of the posts there is two inches of unused black space on my computer screen. Then underneath each post there is one to four inches of unused black space because of the user information (message count, likes received, trophy points, gender, location). This makes the threads less easy and less efficient to read. I can only see a maximun of two posts at a time and have to scroll up and down to reference comments between posts.

I guess I just I prefer the layout of the previous forum software. I understand there are a lot of great new features with this software, but I have yet to find any of the "improvements" beneficial to me. I hope this feedback is useful as I don't mean to complain in any way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….