• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Inca apistogramma

I just picked up my new pair of Inca apistogramma . They have been hiding ever since i put them in . I feel as if my water is parameters are perfect . Water is 78-79 degrees : PH is 6.2-6.5 no nitrite nitrate or ammonia . I also have driftwood in the tank and 2 Amano shrimp. If food falls in the cave there hiding in they’ll eat but other than that are being very shy, any thoughts as to why or what I should do? Thank you so much! Sorry for all the posts I’m new to apistos . Been trying everything to get my tank right

yukondog

5 Year Member
Give it time, I've had new ones come out almost as soon I put them in and had them take a week or two.

MacZ

Your descriptions are too short and to sparse on information. Plus the fish are new to your tank, it could just be acclimation issues.
The only info that would be useful would be the water parameters from the store in comparison t your's, what they fed them, a picture of the fish and a picture of your tank.
Also, water parameters should always include GH and KH. Water quality (NH3/NO2/NO3), is most often the most irrelevant info, if it's an established tank.
I doubt I'll be able to help even with the info.

Also while this forum is your best bet for IDs, husbandry and breeding tipps, you might have noticed looking around you get little to no reaction in cases of probably sick fish.

Your descriptions are too short and to sparse on information. Plus the fish are new to your tank, it could just be acclimation issues.
The only info that would be useful would be the water parameters from the store in comparison t your's, what they fed them, a picture of the fish and a picture of your tank.
Also, water parameters should always include GH and KH. Water quality (NH3/NO2/NO3), is most often the most irrelevant info, if it's an established tank.
I doubt I'll be able to help even with the info.

Also while this forum is your best bet for IDs, husbandry and breeding tipps, you might have noticed looking around you get little to no reaction in cases of probably sick fish.
The KH and GH are both very low it’s hard to tell what Color it is with the API strips

MacZ

Sorry to hear, but with the info you give one can neither confirm not deny your conclusions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….