• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New collecting reports

Ttw

5 Year Member
Two wonderful reports. The photos are remarkable. Your report of the chiggers reminds me of when I was collecting in Venezuela and took a break from Apisto collecting and went to the Gran Sabana to collect killifish. There we experienced a biting gnat called jejen or La Plaga. Never have I experienced such intense itching and it lasted for days.

Tom C

5 Year Member
More entertaining than Netflix! Thank you!
Kiitos palautteesta! Ilo että pidit siitä! (No, unfortunately I do not speak Finnish. But I like "translate.google.com" :))

... Your report of the chiggers reminds me of when I was collecting in Venezuela .... Never have I experienced such intense itching and it lasted for days.
Hehe, yes, there are "a few" creatures, who love to eat parts of us, out there. :)

I probably had the same kind of infestation in 2010, as in 2011:
resizeimage.aspx

In 2010, apart from the horrible itching, I didn't feel bad or sick. But in 2011, the chiggers probably carried, and transferred to me, some additional bacteria or virus.

mrjbacon

5 Year Member
Is the A. sp. 'Matses' from the 2011 report part of the Nijsseni lineage? The coloring is very similar to A. nijsseni and A. panduro, and the longer trailing ventrals, especially on the females, are reminiscent of my A. rositae. Seems like most of those species are all from the same general geographical area as well with the exception of A. erythrura 'Rio Mamoré'.

Those A. sp. 'Matses' are beautiful.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Lineage -> Sublineage -> Group -> Complex -> Subcomplex

Both the trifasciata- and nijsseni-groups are part of the trifasciata-linage.

(For TomC: honest, I AM working on updates of the descriptions of species-groups!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….