• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nanacarra spawning

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
grrr...mine are spawning regularly, but seem infertile from the get go. I keep dropping the pH down to the low 6's upper 5's right now. I might try an artifical hatch with the next spawn. See if I can have any better luck. You mentioned that mine didn't look very dark. She has gotten very dark, and stayed there. He, on the other hand, comes and goes. Hopefully they are getting closer and eventually I'll have some fry.

Randall

5 Year Member
Adoketa Eggs

Dear Ken,

What water are you using for the Adoketa? Are the eggs not developing because the conductivity is too high?

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
The color pattern you mention is identical to mine. The male doesnt stay dark, she does.OK I give up a tip! Mine are at Ph4.5 and PPM 10

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
K...gotta drop the pH a bit more then. Conductivity is low, mostly ro water and peat in the substrate. I'll back off on the waterchanges a bit and let the pH fall some more. I can get it to around 5.5 rather easily, any lower and I have to work at it...further bulletins to follow

Thanks

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
One other thing at first I used peat. I dont know what happened but i got no fry. Now they are in semi-clear there is a piece of wood in there, so maybe go light on the peat?

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
hmmm...they are in a tank that has peat under the gravel (Was originally an A. gephyra/D. filamentosa tank). I might try moving them to a new tank and trying from there. I've got some driftwood laying around too. 1 piece is that mopani wood that really stains the water...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….