• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My tanks

depthc

5 Year Member
Okay theres not much going on in this section of the forums so i just figured id go ahead and post some images of my tanks.

First this is one of my 10 gallon tanks. I recfently set it up and was hoping to put a pair of A. borelli in it to breed. Im not sure if this is the greatest idea but i think ill try it out.

http://www.apistoexp.com/layout/pers/10g_borelli.jpg

Second this is my 10 gallon planted. Its got a bunch of guppies in it.

http://www.apistoexp.com/layout/pers/10g_planted1_16_05.jpg

Third is my 45 gallon. I plan to purchase a trio of cacatuoides to place in here. It just finished cycling so all i need to do is a huge water change and order the fish. Im quiet excited to do so but im waiting on Ray to stock up on some more A.cacatuoides and borelli since his stock is quiet low.

http://www.apistoexp.com/layout/pers/45g_apisto.jpg

Okay, well those are three of my tanks. Ive got another 45g planted but its filled with algae and isnt presentable. Please post comments, suggestions, opinions whatever, i like feedback. :wink:

scott

5 Year Member
great looking tanks andrew! do you use r/o water? and if so what products do you use to provide the proper nutrients for your plants?

depthc

5 Year Member
Nope, no r/o water for me. Fortunately my well water is soft with a pH of 6. But somehow it kicks up to like 7.6 in some tanks others it doesnt buffer that high. Since ive moved ive had problems with this well water.

Anyways, i dose Seachem Nitrogen and Flourish, also C02 through the DIY method.

Note : if the images arnt comming up currently its because my site is down for some reason. Probably server issues, but this doesnt happen often so check back at a later time if you cant view them now.

scott

5 Year Member
the ph out of my tap is 10+, i haven't been able to find a test to go high enough to tell exactly. so i use straight r/o mixed with a little of kent ph stable to bring the ph to about 6.3 but without some kind of suppliments my plants don't do very well. i used to use the flourish products but i had too much algae. now i only keep java moss in my tanks with very low light and alot of driftwood to tint the water brownish. i think it makes the fish look better but it's not great for taking pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….