• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving bonded panduro to another tank

mantisfan101

How do I move them to another tank without breaking up the pair bond? They’ve spawned at least 5 times for me and I need to clean out the tank because the silicone is wearing off.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Panduros do not form bonded pairs actually. They form a bond only so long as breeding is successful. If they have produced fry before and have no other fish with which to pair off they should continue as they have in the past.

mantisfan101

Ok, I tried moving them to the new tank and the first thing the male did was chase the female around...what should I do now? I know that they’ve spawned successfully before, but now he won’t stop chasing her around

mantisfan101

I’ve tried using mirror therapy to try and distract the male but know he’s just flaring at his reflection and flaring at the female. Is there anything else I can do?

mantisfan101

Ok, I checked up on them and the female looks completely different; she looks almost exactly like a male now; what does this mean?

yukondog

5 Year Member
How do I move them to another tank without breaking up the pair bond? They’ve spawned at least 5 times for me and I need to clean out the tank because the silicone is wearing off.

If the silicone is wearing/coming off are you going to reseal the tank?
About the male, I must not have seen the first post about the 5 spawns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….