1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving bonded panduro to another tank

Discussion in 'Apistogramma' started by mantisfan101, Nov 9, 2019.

1. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Member

How do I move them to another tank without breaking up the pair bond? They’ve spawned at least 5 times for me and I need to clean out the tank because the silicone is wearing off.
  2. Mike Wise

Mike Wise Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

Panduros do not form bonded pairs actually. They form a bond only so long as breeding is successful. If they have produced fry before and have no other fish with which to pair off they should continue as they have in the past.
    dw1305 likes this.
  3. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Member

Ok, I tried moving them to the new tank and the first thing the male did was chase the female around...what should I do now? I know that they’ve spawned successfully before, but now he won’t stop chasing her around
  4. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Member

I’ve tried using mirror therapy to try and distract the male but know he’s just flaring at his reflection and flaring at the female. Is there anything else I can do?
  5. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Member

Ok, I checked up on them and the female looks completely different; she looks almost exactly like a male now; what does this mean?
  6. yukondog

yukondog Active Member

do you think you may have another male?