• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

morado spawned again

morello

5 Year Member
noticed last night my pair of morado have spawned again, different site this time i made a cave from two 1" plant pots glued together and this was the chosen site. if i had noticed earlier could have got some photographs of the eggs, as the cave is open at both ends but one end is up against the glass, but they were already wriggling late last night when i noticed. soaked some prima in a cup with a little tank water and put 2 drops of liquifry in too. the last batched have nearly all died i think the frozen baby brine was too large for them. gonna leave a few fry in with the mother and syphon most out in a week or so to go in with the others that are 2 weeks old, u guys think they will be ok together? ill try them on this new feeding method but im gonna get a microworm culture from mark when i get some fish in a couple of weeks. if anyone can see a flaw in what im doing please let me know as im still new to breeding. thanks, mike

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I've found that any fish that can get another fish in its mouth - will! Make sure the younger fry are not bite sized or easily attacked and eaten piecemeal. I think that you will do best with live baby brine shrimp. Pebas fry will eat it from the very beginning and so will the adults. If you are trying to feed the wigglers, please don't until they become freeswimming. Until then they use their yolk for nurishment and any fry food put in the water is worse than a waste of food, it pollutes the water.

morello

5 Year Member
thanks mike

the older fry dont seem to have grown much at all i dont think they will be able to eat the new ones. i wont feed the new fry until i see them out and then ill get them into the other tank to feed and raise them. will get myself a hatching kit from work and a bbs net from tmc when im there next thanks for your advice :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….