• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Micro worms and other live foods

Andreas

Will fully grown apistogramma eat micro worms and what other live foods are there to culture that are easy
Thanks in advance and sorry that I am posting so much today

yukondog

5 Year Member
I would think so, mine eat bbs no problem. I collect bloodworms and mosquito larva and freeze the extra that I dont feed.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Will fully grown apistogramma eat micro worms and what other live foods are there to culture that are easy. Thanks in advance and sorry that I am posting so much today.
No Micro-worms are too small to be of interest to adult Apistogramma.

I keep a few different live cultures, have a look at <"Apisto cacatuoides tank">.and <"Apistogramma....">.

cheers Darrel

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think a better bet wormwise (is that a word?) would be Grindal worms. Only feed 1 or 2 servings/week or more often for conditioning. They have an extremely high fat content. Overfeeding leads to obesity. I prefer BBS for more regular feeding.

Andreas

I think a better bet wormwise (is that a word?) would be Grindal worms. Only feed 1 or 2 servings/week or more often for conditioning. They have an extremely high fat content. Overfeeding leads to obesity. I prefer BBS for more regular feeding.
Will adult apistogramma eat bbs

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….