• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

May taeniacara candidi madeira is new species?

BLLIKE8011

Hi~everyone This is my young pair they have some egg this week
275227445_1390577814709665_6248552719004747329_n.jpg

1647353753711.png

1647353766034.png

I have some question about this fish.
May taeniacara candidi madeira is new species? They have many different characteristics of normal taeniacara.
(It was first discovered and collected by a Japanese team in South America

taenic.jpg
But this fish only Japan,taiwan,china can find some Information
According to Taiwan's Information, this fish is not actually catch in the tributaries of madeira, they just exported from the cities around madeira.

Does anyone have more information on this species?

Sorry for the poor English
My English is pretty basic haha~

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
As my collegeE nglish grammar professor told me over 50 years ago, "Any English that you can understand is good English". Your English is very good.

The genus Taeniacara has a wide range in the central Amazon Basin, between the Rio Tefe and Rio Tapajos - including much of the lower courses of the Rio Negro and Rio Madeira.

Taeniacra is still considered by taxonomists as being 'monotypic' - having only one species. In truth it is much more likely that it is a 'superspecies' that is composed of several genetically isolated species that show little or no morphological differences. You population appears to be one of these. I would not want to cross your population with more commonly available populations if at all possible.

If you wish to separate your population from those found elsewhere, simply label it as "T. cf. candidi (Madeira)". Beautiful fish, BTW.

Julian

View attachment 11145
View attachment 11146
View attachment 11147

May taeniacara candidi madeira is new species? They have many different characteristics of normal taeniacara.

View attachment 11141 But this fish only Japan,taiwan,china can find some Information
According to Taiwan's Information, this fish is not actually catch in the tributaries of madeira, they just exported from the cities around madeira.

this doesn't have anything to do with that but woah those candidi are nice. some of the best if ever seen.

Memeboi

View attachment 11145
View attachment 11146
View attachment 11147

View attachment 11141 But this fish only Japan,taiwan,china can find some Information

I just really like your sketch, nothing to add, just like it

Johanna

View attachment 11145
View attachment 11146
View attachment 11147

They are beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….