• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

male blue ram ok to add with 2 young borelli males?

nuimom

5 Year Member
Aloha, my two young borelli seem to have their own thing worked out in my 20 long planted tank. I have 5 coconut huts with windows and doors and there are lots of plants for a lot of sight breaking in tank. They seem to do a weird courtship behavior, but maybe they are just hoping for a woman in their life lol or, one may be a female. They are still small, but growing fast, the one has always been twice as big, the other isn't catching up, so maybe a runt, or a female.

My question, is adding a male blue ram a dumb thing to do, tank is peaceful now, so would they just see him as an intruder and try to run him off? I have always had rams but haven't seen them here before so went with my sweet borellis. They may be sold out by now anyway, but wanted to run it by all here for a heads up before a got one. I didn't want to put a female ram in the mix as the whole egg laying and guarding thing in such a small tank is unsettling to me. Thanks for any and all input :)

nuimom

5 Year Member
Aloha all, I was just remembering my Rams liked warmer 80+ water, temp. I have my borelli at 77-78 they will get a bit warmer than that in summer here, but this cooler temp may not be good for the Ram as I recall. I will have 80 in summer but winter may stress them. Has anyone had good luck with a winter/summer temp change with Rams in with their borelli. I see alot of people keep both?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….