• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for an ID

Fatts

5 Year Member
These were sold to me as Apistogramma "Diamond" I was assuming they were Apistogramma sp "diamente", (Apistogramma eremnopyge) but now that they have matured I am not so sure. I am not seeing the red and blue colors that are described for them. I know they are WC, but they were not able to give me a collection point.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• female.jpg
    female.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 382
  • male.jpg
    male.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 375

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
I see two different species here: the one in the first photo could be A. paulmuelleri (or one of the forms closely related to them) and the second one looks like A. cf. eunotus "Orangeschwanz/Orange-tail".

Fatts

5 Year Member
I’ll see if I can get some better pics. I had 2 pair of them, but one of the “males” died. Now I have a “trio”, all in the same same.

thanks for the advice!

Fatts

5 Year Member
I finally got a picture of the other "female". Do you think "she's" an A. paulmueller female?

Attachments

• Other Female.jpg
    Other Female.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 255

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
An A. paulmuelleri female should have a vertically more extended caudal spot that almost reaches from bottom to top of the caudal peduncle. However, it can likely be an eunotus-related species/form and thus might fit to your A. cf. eunotus male.

Fatts

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info.... I’ll set the two of them up as a pair and see what happens. They are wild caught from the same local so hopefully they are a match

Fatts

5 Year Member
I love low pressure storms........ They spawned last night. Looks like your assessment of the "pair" was correct. I'll post up some pictures if I get the fry raised out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….