• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this green water problem???

Cookie_apisto

Hey guys this green water cloydy problem? It did clear up in the second week but it went back to cloudy after ai added two more Angelfish.The tank is 3 weeks old but the Matrix is over a year old and I have 1L of it. I am wondering is the problem from the Caribsea sunset gold sand because I rinse it for a long time but it is still dirty then ai stopped because I was so tired from it. The filter is a ac 70

The dirftwood is also new too and I didnt boil it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_4522.jpg
    IMG_20190925_4522.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20190925_43990.jpg
    IMG_20190925_43990.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_20190925_44400.jpg
    IMG_20190925_44400.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20190925_44770.jpg
    IMG_20190925_44770.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 339

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Looks more like 'new tank syndrome' than a green water problem to me. Treat the aquarium like any new tank and keep an eye on the nitrogen cycle. If it turn very green then use less light and shorten its duration.

Cookie_apisto

Should I keep dosing the Stability everyday? I stopped on the second week. Also is it ok to use warm water from the tap?

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
..... is it ok to use warm water from the tap?
I think it is a "new tank" issue as well. You need to keep changing water, it doesn't matter which tap it comes from comes from.
Should I keep dosing the Stability everyday? I stopped on the second week.
Stability probably doesn't make any difference, it is very unlikely to contain the <"microbes that are actually found in aquariums">.

You really need some floating plants, they will remove all forms of fixed nitrogen and have access to aerial levels of CO2. Have a search for the <"Duckweed index">, it gives more detail about why <"plant/microbe biofiltration"> is much more effective than "microbe only" biofiltration.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….