• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing Apistos with Bolivians

PistoAus

Hi everyone
New member to the group and keen to get your collective advice.

I have a 55g tank planted with lots of swords, Anubis, and a fair bit of driftwood throughout. Ph at 7, temp at 26c.

Currently stocked with a school of 11 flame tetras, 2 bristlenose cats, and 4 Bolivian rams.

I was thinking of adding a single male apistogramma (perhaps a double red or mcmasteri) but not sure if it would cause problems with my Bolivian Rams since they all occupy the same level of the aquarium.

Do you think it would work?

Thanks!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It should not be a problem since apistos and rams occupy different micro-habitats in nature. The only exception is if a pair of rams wants to breed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….