• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Inka 50

chappy6107

5 Year Member
Has anyone seen a breeder or store that offers the Inka 50 apisto that seems to have disappeared?
I think it may be a variant color of the Baenschi but not sure. this u tube video has what I am looking for

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Has anyone seen a breeder or store that offers the Inka 50 apisto that seems to have disappeared? I think it may be a variant color of the Baenschi but not sure.
Yes, it was scientifically named as Apistogramma baenschi a fair while ago. Details of the names are here <"Difference between....">.

I'm not sure about in the USA, in the UK it was reasonably commonly for sale a couple of years ago (<"it is reasonably easy to keep and breed">), but I think it is less commonly available now.

cheers Darrel

chappy6107

5 Year Member
Thanks Darrel,
I have seen many Baenschi's available over the past couple of years, but none of the have the colors that I used to see when people offered them as Inka 50.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Thanks Darrel,
I have seen many Baenschi's available over the past couple of years, but none of the have the colors that I used to see when people offered them as Inka 50.
Possibly the colour has declined as more have been bred in captivity.

I don't usually worry too much about the colour of fish when I buy them, as I know that the colour will improve with better feeding and environment.

One of the problems I had when I tried to sell spare A. trifasciata and A. borellii was that there isn't much demand for Apistogramma locally and they just didn't sell in the local fish shops tanks. People won't impulse a drab silver fish for a "lot" of money.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….