• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Image Posting

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Will all members posting images please follow the forum rules.

Max size in General Forums - 200x200
Max size in Member Galleries - 600x400

There are many reasons for these rules, like them or not they are the rules. I've been pretty lax on enforcing this in the past but lately image posting has gotten out of hand.

Of course we want to see your fish/tanks/set-up/ect. But not at the expense of other members enjoyment of the forums so please only post images that follow the above rules.

Gary

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning Gary,

Being new to this forum but 25years aquahobyist, can you advise me or us, if there is a web page where we can format the photos correctly ?

cheers and have a good day - jan-kurt

kristina

5 Year Member
What do you mean by format? Resizing or changing the extension fomat? You can do both with almost any image editing software, but if there is a specific function your looking for I can keep my eyes peeled for you big bird. Im on the net enough...

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
jan-kurt,

Gary hasn't posted on this forum in several years. He was the former owner before Ted bought the site. That means I wouldn't expect Gary to answer your question!

What exactly are you looking for in terms of software? I use photoshop to reduce the quality of my pictures so that they are easier to load onto the web. I then upload any pictures I want to post onto www.photobucket.com (a free photo hosting site) and then I can post them on forums with ease.

Jeff

kristina

5 Year Member
Aquaticclarity: Yes, photoshop is good for many things, and prefer it for image editing. When you have to do batch commands on numerous images though I would definitely suggest using fireworks, as the batch command tools are unbeatable by any other software on the market that I have seen. So BigBird if you are talking about a whole lot of images that you just want to resize, fireworks would be good. If you want to edit the features on the image, photoshop is a bit more intuitive.

What I would like to know BigBird is if you were asking about a free online tool that does these functions. I had interpreted from your original post that you did not want to do it on your pc, but wanted free online software that does it for you.

Kristina.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
You can just upload the photos as they are to Photobucket or another site and then post them here with the IMG tags at either end. It will then display in the post. As Jeff said he only resizes them so they upload to the host site more rapidly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….