• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm (finally) off and running!

ButchAZ

This is my first tank in almost 25 years. It's an acrylic 46 bow front (not my first choice, but I got it cheap from a friend who had never put water in it). Eheim classic 350 is up and running. Current USA Satellite Pro LED lights up and running. Substrate for plants in, and the beginning of my hardscape.

My design idea is to create a natural looking rock outcrop basically centered in the tank, pointing up and back to the left. On the left side (where there's a wall next to the tank) I've got a big heavy piece of branchy root type driftwood, and then the big branch of manzanita flowing from the left corner up and to the right out the top of the tank. So far I like the way it's coming together. The big root piece is still soaking. It wants to float like a bad momma, so a few more days in the bathtub are called for.

Once the scape is in, I'll start on planting. Still waiting for some parts of my CO2 setup to arrive, so I still have some time to play with.

I'm DETERMINED not to rush things with this tank. If it takes two months before I put fish in it, so be it. I want to do everything right, the first time out. I did learn one valuable lesson yesterday - NEVER under ANY circumstances drill an acrylic tank (had to make a hole in the Euro brace top bigger for my inlet pipe) when there's already water in the tank. I spent three hours last night with an HOB filter with a piece of clear hose attached to the inlet pipe, sucking out a bazillion little pieces of acrylic that were floating in the water. Live and learn :)

Butch

YAgrdt.jpg

jrPHyU.jpg

2jAe8g.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….