• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm Debra

deeebra

Hi! I'm a novice fish keeper trying to learn as much as I can, and so I joined this site:). I have a 10g community planted tank with zebra danios, ember tetras and a male/female pair of apistogramma cacatuoides. I'm particularly interested in apistogrammas.

anewbie

I had kribs with apisto. The kribs in themselves are really quite amazing esp their parenting skills but i do not recommend them with apsito. They are slightly larger and a bit more fierce. Furthermore a pair of kribs will readily gain up on a single apisto which does not end well. Having said that my nannacara strongly disliked them and was able to readily chase them away. In the end after a couple of rounds of frys i removed the kribs as they created too many issues (as well as too many frys).

Aileen60

Ohh boy. Thanks for the info. I was hoping they would be a good companion. But now I won’t look to join the two types
Thanks again

yukondog

5 Year Member
I have a male Krib with a pair of Macs. and have had no problem, but they are in a 55 long and the Macs have not tried to breed yet.

Aileen60

And you don't have a female krib so they are not a pair.
I have 4 kribs. 3 fairly sized females with red bellies and I believe a much smaller male that the 3 females terrorize... 2 of the 3 female kribs shake in front of each other

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….