• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID question Panduro

Abeythefishman

Hi

I bought these two A. Pandurini in the belief that they are a pair but they've been attacking each other mercilessly.
I suspect they're both males.

They are both pretty juvenile....about an inch long.

If any one could help identify their sex I'd be very grateful.

Fish on left I thought was female...fish on right male
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 7.20.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.54.37 PM.png

They were lip-locked and fighting.

Below is the darker fish from the above photo but has now coloured up a bit..I believe he's a male (?)
IMG_3146.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.54.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.54.54 PM.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 139

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
They are probably 1 of each sex, but realize young fish are often hard to sex. Another thing is that A. panduro is a species that can be 'choosy' about with whom they breed. A male might just not be accepted as a breeding partner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….