• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I actually have 2 questions, both deal with spots.

radiodug

5 Year Member
First of all my agassizii male. he has black spots on his body. They are not typical pattern spots and are intermittantly spread throughout his body. They do not seem to be contagious but are not fading away either. He seems to be in great health otherwise. Any one have any ideas what this is??

Secondly I have 6 wild rams that share a tank. All are about 1-2 inches and allseem to be in very good health. However 1 of them has white spots sprinkled over his fins and a small white pimple looking thing about 1/16 of an inch to the front and left of his dorsal fin. Again no other fish in the tank has these and the fish seems to be in great health. Any ideas? it is not ich nor velvet from what I can tell, otherwise the others would start showing it too.

Doug

farm41

5 Year Member
One of my rams gets one of those pimples too, when in my planted tank. It goes away when he is put in the breeding tank with RO water and every other day water changes. The planted tank gets water changes of 50% weekly.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the water, more often water changes with softer water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….