• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hyphessobrycon loretoensis

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hi all!

Have any of you kept loreto tetras before? -i’d love to hear your thoughts of them. Fry safe?
Also, do they occour in Rio itaya (-in the same waters as a. Atahualpa)?
As far as i could read it sounds like it has a pretty big distribution range.

Just curious, for now.

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thanks Mac. Ye, i have read this article and by the look of it it could occour in itaya/nauta where atahualpa have been collected, but i’m not sure if that’s the same as they live together.

-r

Mazan

Last edited:

Mazan

Also I think there is a good chance they would occur together. I was looking last night at some of my notes from an 1983 collecting expedition in Peru that I recently found in my mother's loft. Specifically the Rio Nanay and around. None of those species were mentioned specifically (I don't think Apistogramma atahualpa was yet described), but whenever we caught Apistogrammas it seems we also caught "many small characins". We were mainly looking at cichlids and only a few obvious tetras are named by species in the notes.

rasmusW

5 Year Member
THANK YOU, so much. both of you. the level of knowledge and will to pass on, on this board is fantastic.
i might look into getting some if they are still there next month..

-r

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
h1ns

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….