• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hyphessobrycon cf. Troemneri

Tom C

5 Year Member
The species 'troemneri' was originally described as Cheirodon troemneri (Fowler, 1942).
Later it was moved to the genus Hyphessobrycon, due to one small tooth in front of the main, Cheirodon-like premaxillary series.
And later, it was found to be identical to Hyphessobrycon rosaceus (Durbin, 1909), Rosy tetra.
Fishbase now list Cheirodon troemneri as a junior synonym of Hyphessobrycon rosaceus.
So the fish on Ruinemans could be labelled Hyphessobrycon cf. rosaceus.

MacZ

The species 'troemneri' was originally described as Cheirodon troemneri (Fowler, 1942).
Later it was moved to the genus Hyphessobrycon, due to one small tooth in front of the main, Cheirodon-like premaxillary series.
And later, it was found to be identical to Hyphessobrycon rosaceus (Durbin, 1909), Rosy tetra.
Fishbase now list Cheirodon troemneri as a junior synonym of Hyphessobrycon rosaceus.
So the fish on Ruinemans could be labelled Hyphessobrycon cf. rosaceus.

All correct, but the fish pictured on their site doesn't look the least bit like a rosaceus. So either the picture is wrong or the name is wrong on the at Ruinemans.

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thanks a lot you two for your input.
I did a bit more research on Google last night. It seems like it’s h. Copelandi that comes up the most times. I guess that’s a ruby family too, right? Though the picture doesn’t really add up and i’m pretty sure they have had those before. But maybe not this colorform.

well… it’s always good with a little mystery.

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
The dorsal fin doesn’t really match, as far as i can see. But again hard to tell from a picture of a fish that looks a bit scared.

-r

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….