• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to do an biotope for Ap. Trifasciata Guaporé

sorriva99

Hey guys!
In my tank I have a trio of ap trifasciata f1 and I wont prove to crate an biotope, from when do i start?
In tank now i have their, 7 paracheiron axlordi, 6 otocinclus, 1 ancistrus sp,
Vallisneria spiralis, echinodorus bleheri, microsorum pteropus, aubias barteri, salvinia, lemna minor, pistia stratioides
Help me please :)
Thanks all!!!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
How accurate do you want the biotope to be? Probably none of the fish nor most of the plants are found in A. cf. trifasciata (Guaporé)'s biotope. If you plan to breed your apistos, you need to know that most Ancistrus sp. will eat apisto eggs if they can get into the breeding site and Paracheirodon axelrodi are well-known apisto fry predators.

sorriva99

Not the 100% i only want that my apistos fell home..
Yes, my objective is the ripro so, what fish i can take and what i can seel and buy?
Axelordi and ancy go away :)
The tank is 120l, 80*40*50cm
The original place have most woods or plants?

sorriva99

Nice picture and interesting test!
Now i have an idea of i m going to do...
For help me do you have a picture or a link of a great tank of rio guapopré?

sorriva99

Very nice tank...but it isn't what I want to do...I prefere more natural and very wild tank...
Do you have other pics?

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Very nice tank...but it isn't what I want to do...I prefere more natural and very wild tank...Do you have other pics?
I like the wild look as well, but I don't know of any more Guapore specific tanks.

You could just add a lot more plants, dead leaves and wood. They aren't biotopes (I use plants like Java Fern, Cryptocoryne spp., Anubias etc.), but this is one of my tanks. I think that the more structure (plants, leaves, wood, caves) you have in a tank the happier the Apistogramma are.
dicrossus_clup1_resize.jpg

cheers Darrel

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Hi Darrel, what are you doing if you have to catch a fish ;-)
That is a bit of a a flaw in it as method.

The good side is that I nearly always find I have more fish than I thought I had.

When I tried to catch the Dicrossus I ended up taking all the plants out, and 7/8ths of the water, but I still couldn't find them.

cheers Darrel

Mol_PMB

I used a 'Trap-eze' baited with bloodworm to catch 2 of my Dicrossus adults, which was very easy indeed in a tank with lots of decor. Then the others got wise to it, and I still haven't caught them!

frankych

Plants for Rio Guapore should be like this mayaca fluviatilis, myriophyllum elatinoides,egeria densa,e.quadricostus, e.amazonicus, h.tellenium, hydrocotyle leucocephala, pistia (probable). This is list for Brazil for sure tho there are lots of plants to add that are available in shops ;) good luck

skoram

Hi all,
That is a bit of a a flaw in it as method.

The good side is that I nearly always find I have more fish than I thought I had.

When I tried to catch the Dicrossus I ended up taking all the plants out, and 7/8ths of the water, but I still couldn't find them.

cheers Darrel

It took me over a week to capture my A. uaupesi to transfer them to my breeding setup. I was amazed at how smart these fish seemed - as soon as I dipped the net into the water they would immediately dart into hiding in a cave or crevice. I didn't want to tear up my plants and aquascape to get them so I put a modified breeding box into the tank and enticed them to enter the box by placing worms inside. They were even suspicious of this and it took a few days before they finally entered in my presence.

Hi,

in this page there is a biotope of Rio Guporè by Bleher. There is the image but not the description with the name of the plants. In Rio Guaporè there are a lot of plants and it is similar to a Pantanal biotope...

http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/blehers-authentic-biotopes-aqua-xpo-2001-2/?lang=it

Wow that's an excellent reference page for biotopes. Thank you for the link. There are a lot more plants in the Guapore than I imagined. I have a pair of A. erythrura from Guapore in a planted tank - I assumed the tank had many more plants than in their natural habitat but it seems I was perhaps mistaken!

Last edited:

Matteo ITA

sorriva99

Recently i've re-styling the tank, take away some plants and add woods
To do a stagional conducing during the winter what pH i have to take?
Wait for pics :)

sorriva99

Here some pics of the thank and the apisto :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417931785646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417931785646.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 608
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417931814768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417931814768.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 578
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417931933313.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417931933313.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 488
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417931946700.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417931946700.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 452
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417931973218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417931973218.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 488

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….