1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi, new from Belgium

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Matthias.couckuyt, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Matthias.couckuyt

Matthias.couckuyt New Member

Hellow,

Recently made myself member of this forum so here's a short introduction.
    Been keeping fish for 20 years I guess and started with a. Cacatuoides and other SA fishes.
    Then I bought a bigger aquarium and had smaller CA cichlids like thorichthys elliote and hypsophrys nicaraguensis and have succesfully bred both of them.
    Now I have A. Ortegai, 1 WC couple, 1 unrelated couple WC female and F1 male, and 2 adult males and lots of fry from both couples.
    End of this month or beginning of May I will have some WC Ivanacara Adoketa as well.

I regularely post some pics on my instagram account, so here's the link to see my fish :) (if it's allowed?)
    https://www.instagram.com/aquarium_hobbyists/

Greetz
    Matthias
  2. Ade205

Ade205 Active Member

Hi Matthias, welcome to the forum. Brilliant pics, you have some very nice fish and tanks

Ade.
  3. Matthias.couckuyt

Thanks Ade,

I'm always trying to make it look as much as their biotope should be :)
  4. flori

flori New Member

Hi Matthias, your blackwater tanks are absolutely stunning
    May I ask where you get the palm leaves from, what type etc. and how you use them in your tank (do you prepare them somehow before putting them in, how long until they decay)?
  5. Matthias.couckuyt