• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Manchester, England

Michael Knight

Hi, I'm new on here after finding on Google.
I had a beautiful pair of Double Red Agassizii in a 170 L (45G) community aquarium with lots of plants and bog wood, everything was going great until she turned yellow and got very randy, she chased the poor male from one end of the tank to the other, he kept trying to hide from her, I was watching when he was hiding from her and suddenly she appeared from behind and he shot off straight into the glass which I could hear, he dropped to the bottom so I waited but he didn't improve so I fished him into a net where he survived about 20 minutes until he stopped breathing. She then went on hunger strike I tried everything but she would not eat until one morning she was lying on the bottom. I have waited a while but I am getting a new pair tomorrow, I just hope she isn't too randy and he can keep up with her demands, the dealer has told me they seem happy together so fingers crossed.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….