• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with ID (apistogramma mendezi? paucisquamis?)

Lucas Stamford

These arrived at the local fish store with no identification. I'm wondering if any of you guys can ID them.
Seems to be all males to me.
My guess was mendezi, but maybe paucisquamis? something else? What do you think?
location unknown but certainly Brazilian

IMG_20210712_172359.jpg
IMG_20210712_172443.jpg
IMG_20210712_172411.jpg

MacZ

Nope, look at the marking at the caudal fin. Also too silvery for C. pygmaeus. Pygmies also have a lateral stripe.

Lucas Stamford

Nope, look at the marking at the caudal fin. Also too silvery for C. pygmaeus. Pygmies also have a lateral stripe.
the photo exaggerates a bit the silvery because I edited a bit to make the markings on the apistos more clear! but yeas, it is hastatus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….