• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Sunny AZ!

Shanster

Hello All, I'm Shanster... - As most other people in this thread I'm relatively new to the fish keeping hobby. I had fish when I was younger and they were a lot of fun to keep. Now that I'm older and I can't have a dog or cat in my APT, I decided to have fish!

I sort of stumbled upon cichlids; a male kribensis cichlid was up for adoption at the lfs. He was absolutely beautiful so I decided to take him home... ever since the entire tank set-up has been based around "Tory" the krib. I was able to find two female kribensis; so Tory was allowed to select a mate for himself. Now we have Tory and Ruby!

I am starting a 2nd fully planted tank in the next two weeks after I purchase all the necessary equipment. It's going to be a high tech planted tank (30 gallon) with all the bells and whistles! I am very excited, but now I'm looking for a different species of dwarf cichlids to keep in the planted tank.

I am currently thinking of either Apistogramma Cacatuoides,German Blue Ram, or Apistogramma Agassiz.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello All, I'm Shanster... - As most other people in this thread I'm relatively new to the fish keeping hobby. I had fish when I was younger and they were a lot of fun to keep. Now that I'm older and I can't have a dog or cat in my APT, I decided to have fish!

I sort of stumbled upon cichlids; a male kribensis cichlid was up for adoption at the lfs. He was absolutely beautiful so I decided to take him home... ever since the entire tank set-up has been based around "Tory" the krib. I was able to find two female kribensis; so Tory was allowed to select a mate for himself. Now we have Tory and Ruby!

I am starting a 2nd fully planted tank in the next two weeks after I purchase all the necessary equipment. It's going to be a high tech planted tank (30 gallon) with all the bells and whistles! I am very excited, but now I'm looking for a different species of dwarf cichlids to keep in the planted tank.

I am currently thinking of either Apistogramma Cacatuoides,German Blue Ram, or Apistogramma Agassiz.

Welcome! Any of the three fish you are thinking about are good choices for your next dwarf cichlid in a planted tank.

Shanster

I would have had a 80 gallon + but my apartment complex only technically allows 20 gallon tanks. I have a 30 so it's a little more ... an 80 gallon tank would have really drawn some attention though haha...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….