• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from SoCal!

zzyzx85

5 Year Member
Hi! I guess I signed up here a long time ago but never posted an intro thread haha.

I came here looking for info on dwarf cichlids. I've been fascinated by their behavior and beautiful colors ever since I started keeping planted aquariums.

I currently have a nice harem of female blue rams and a group of wild Bolivian rams. I am currently trying to breed the bolivians first to try my hand at breeding.

See you guys around!

ApistoNerd23

SD here too.

Good showing from SD on Apistogramma.com. :)

I'm a daily reader of the forum and I post occasionally. (mostly with dumb questions. :) )

I feel the same as you about dwarf cichlids. When I first saw them as Aquatic Warehouse (great local SD shop), I was hooked instantly and built my whole novice tank setup around what I thought would be good for them. Three years later, I'm still trying to figure out what they actually want. :) I know they're not big fans of San Diego liquid rock water.

Thanks for saying Hi!

P.S. Do you have any secret local sources for dwarf cichlids? Aquatic Warehouse is by far the best local shop I've found. They regularly have Blue Rams, Gold Rams, Bolivian Rams, Cacatuoides, and Agasizzi. I've seen Hongsloi and Panduro from time to time as well.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
well I sorta followed a senior member around and 20 some tanks later I'm addicted Just added my own RO unit in the fishrrom so theres no turning back now Stop by sometime,Aquatic warehouse does stock some
have actually supplied them with ApistoDaves Trip Reds a couple times via Sam a

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….