• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Japan

hengeli

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the best forum for Apistogramma on the web! We have beginners and intermediate plus gurus on this forum, ask away if you have any questions. Some of us here like wild-caught apisto, some prefer domestic bred fish because they are more hardy to keep.

I for one love the Borellii, and have bred the Borellii quite a few times. They do grow slower from wrigglers to juvenile fish(2-3 months) than Macmasteri for example. But they are so entertaining to watch especially when you have more than 1 male in the tank as they like to show off to each other. Good luck with the pair!

Best regards,

Sindergi

IMG_4186.jpg

Thank you. Also a picture of the current tank - not really well matured yet but water parameters are all stable.
having multiple pairs in a tank is definetly something I would like to do but not in this one - would need a bigger one.

Mazan

The tank looks very nice, but make sure you leave some patches of open sand that the Apistogrammas can sift through.

Sindergi

Thanks - probably not very visible on the photo but the "valley area" is complete with a sand bottom and behind the right big rock (not visible on a front view) there is another one. Hope this is enough - up until now it seems the feel pretty happy in the tank

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….