• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Ecuador

Mazan

As a quick introduction, when I was younger I was a keen aquarist and Cichlid fanatic, I even did my PhD on cichlids. So I’m not exactly a beginner, but I am many years out of touch with fish keeping and I have never kept Apistogramma before- they weren’t very easily available then and where I lived the water was totally wrong for them, but they were always on my wish list. And then my life took a different path. As you can see I now live in Ecuador (in the Andes not in the Amazon region). My tap water is about pH 6.8 and is soft (3-4). For ages I have wanted to start keeping cichlids again, especially Apistogramma, I suppose lockdown gave me time to think and read and start planning and I have now acquired a tank and my husband is making a stand for it. I do have quite a few questions as there appears to be some conflicting info online, and even between two different aquarium shops I visited recently, but I will try to post these in the relevant sections, and look forward to receiving some advice here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….