• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Croatia!!

stina

5 Year Member
HI PPL!
Well, i recently bought some apistos (large number of apistos came in my LFS for the first time...) and cuz i want to know more i have decided to join this wonderful forum!
I am a catfish nut(small loricariids and cory's), but now i am exploring a hole new world of apistogramma... and once again i am in love! :D
At home i have 3 pairs... al taken for breeding... A.trifasciatum, A.nijsseni and A.cacatuoides...
I am planning to put them in my new 40G tank with lots of plants...
Tank is not ready yet, but maybe you ppl can help me with my new fish and tank setup!!??
In this tank there will be 5 cory sterbai, 2 L136b(male+female) and these apistos...is this OK???
these is for now... :lol:
regards
Vedran

G

Gary W.

Hi STINA

you might consider the fact ....corys might eat apisto eggs and or new fry.
Seems to me 5 corys is a lot for a new apisto mom to defend her brood
even with the help from the male. hope this helps........

GARY W.

stina

5 Year Member
Well THANX!
Helps a lot!
I think i will try with these setup if it is okay,just to enjoy in watching beutifull fish, and later when i notice that my apistos are ready for breeding, i will put them in small 10g tank (each pair)...this way i think i will raise maximum fry...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….