• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Cornwall UK

Panaque

Hi all
I have just joined the forum. I have been keeping fish for about 30 years on and off but I have recently finally had the chance to expand from having a single tank to now suddenly having 5, thanks to someone clearing out their garage believe it or not. And, I suppose, also thanks to my wife having developed a tolerance to a hobby I share with the kids.
I have kept and bred Apistogramma cacatuoides and Pelvicachromis pulcher in the distant past and have recently returned to dwarf cichlids. Currently I have A. nijseni and Nanochromis parilus. The A. nijseni are doing well in a community tank, having raised several broods. The N. parilus we've only had for 5 days now and are in a tank of their own. They are wild caught specimens and looked rather thin and tattered when we got them but are feeding well and starting to look better. I'll keep you posted on how we get on with them.
Frank

fhk9

hey, WELCOME TO APISTOGRAMMA. IM also new to here. looking forward of your breeding stock going well.

Panaque

Thanks for the welcome. The water in Cornwall is very soft. I haven't actually measured it but I have bred rams in it as well as the nijsseni and other soft water fish. I hope it'll prove good enough for the N. parilus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….