• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting started...

R

rbedeki

Hello, newbie here.

I currently have two planted tanks and want to start a third. I'm going with a low light 20L with Anubias, Crypts, Java fern amd Moss, some Apons as well. I'm hoping to keep Apistogrammas but I need to know if my water can support Apistos. My tap water is very hard 429 ppm and ph is between 7.4-7.8 . From reading some of these post I know my water conditions are not ideal. What can I do to make it better? What type of Apistos can I keep?

Any and all suggestion will be very much appreciated!!!

aspen

5 Year Member
i believe that it is possible to keep blue rams, a. cacatuoides and a. borellii at these high cond values, but breeding will not be successful, as eggs need softer water to be fertilised imo. only exp will tell you with your water however. i have had some hatching taking place with my medium hard water with these species.

rick

R

rbedeki

Aspen thanks for the response. Is there anything I could do to change my water conditions?

R

rbedeki

Christine, are you asking me if i have that option? If so, the answer is yes. I guess expeirmentation of this process will tell me the ratio of r/o to tap to get the desired ph and hardness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….