• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

getting baenshi inka 50 f1 any advice?

uberape

Hello I ordered 5 juvenile Inka 50. It is the first time i have got an f1 fish and this species. I have read online as much as possible but if there is any specific advice for this species or advice in general about keep F1 fish compared to the usual farm bred apistos then i would be grateful. From what I gather this fish is fairly tough but i dont want to take any chances on 5 juveniles. thank you

Kruz

How's it going Uberape. Read helps, experience keeping similar fish/cichlids help a lot. IMO whats best is to mimic there natural environment by far the best for any species . Whether or not it's a F0 or a farm fish it will help. Here is some info on another thread that's newer http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/index.php?threads/looking-for-advice.13648/ and there is a lot more info on here that other member have contributed on here which is good stuff. I got to go to sleep it's 1:00a.m. here and I got to work. If know one helps you out bro I'll hop on tomorrow night and help you. have a good one.;)

uberape

thanks for the reply, yeah its been a week and a half now and they doing ok. the tanks a little small at 12 gallons but im moving most of them when they are bigger. Ive got all the apisto comforts, bogwood, cattalpa leaves, amazon frog bit and little harmless fish, golden dwarf barbs, so they are ok except they are not impressive eaters as of yet. I give them bbs and microworm and they eat them really casually. Their poo was stringy at first but now is getting more solid so maybe they had worms? I have agassizi fry that eat like pacman in fast forward; i was thinking of introducing one to spread the attitude but im not sure as they are different sizes. Ive bought cyclopeeze and begun a grindalworm culture to give them variety but it seems like they may just prefer the leisurely approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….