• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finding Apisto sp Alto Tapiche

Fortunato

I have searched for hours, anda I cannot find anybody in europe with Apisto Alto tapiche that can sell some couples.
Can you please help?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sadly A. sp. Tapiche never arrived in the hobby through a commercial source. It comes from a location too far away for local collectors to consider collecting. The European specimens were brought back by hobbyist collectors. They distributed it to other hobbyists, but I don't know if anyone keeps it now.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Mike, we imported something called Apistogramma sp. Tapiche (not Alto Tapiche, not sure if that changes anything) last year. Mostly males, but several females as well. They were distributed to people in the States. I have photos if you would like to see to verify that they were true.

MickeM

5 Year Member
Mike, we imported something called Apistogramma sp. Tapiche (not Alto Tapiche, not sure if that changes anything) last year. Mostly males, but several females as well. They were distributed to people in the States. I have photos if you would like to see to verify that they were true.

Hi Drayden Farci+ all..

Your sp. Tapiche might be the same Apisto that I ordered from a Chechian wholesaler a few months ago..!!??
These/Mine spawned easily and have fry now. They were named
Apistogramma sp. aff. eunotus Rio Tapiche F1
.. and sure looks like a true eunotus...

I guess the sp "Alto Tapiche " which Fortunato is asking for is another Apisto (pics from a Japanese website are stunning, although special light/flash is used..)..,
...but I would like to see your photos anyway.. :)

..And therefore I have always thought that the gorgeous sp. "Alto Tapiche" were brought home only one time from Nature + photographed by a Japanese person..??

Cheers,
Micke

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
A. sp. Alto Tapiche have been commercially imported to the Netherlands some time ago. At the moment hobbyists in Germany, The Netherlands and France (and maybe other European countries) keep them.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Not the best picture as it was before they really colored up. What do you think?

Attachments

• Apistogramma sp. Tapiche.jpg
    Apistogramma sp. Tapiche.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 394

grayfox55

5 Year Member
Hi Guys..I bought 4 A. sp. alto Tapiche from wetspot and they all turned out to be males. Anyone have females for sale?
These are the only pictures I have..

Attachments

• IMG_3586.jpg
    IMG_3586.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_3588.jpg
    IMG_3588.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 316

Fortunato

A. sp. Alto Tapiche have been commercially imported to the Netherlands some time ago. At the moment hobbyists in Germany, The Netherlands and France (and maybe other European countries) keep them.
Frank_H tua problema os do find those breeders

Fortunato

Frank_H the problem is to find those breeders

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….