• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

excellant discus study!

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Too neat. I've thought about putting in a small pond and tossing some a couple pair of dwarf in during the summer and seeing how they do. Anyone tried that? I know of a couple people that put their Frontosa outside for the summer, but never heard of doing it with the dwarfs.

nicola

5 Year Member
cichlidforums.com crashed a while ago and I'm having a lot of difficulty getting access to it now.
One of the moderators put all his cichlids - malawi mbuna - in his pond over the summer and said they grew much much more than the others in the tank. He put loads of texas holey rock in, a few filters and loads of heaters when the nights got colder.
I don't know how he's getting along now, because I can't get into the site, but he seemed to be having a lot of luck with it. He netted some a few times and there was no sign of stress or malnutrition.
Sounds like a great idea, especially if you can get a raised pond with a glass wall so you can look in - my DREAM!! It's not very feasible for me though as we don't have much warm weather in our 'summers'
good luck anyway.
Nicola.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….