• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eclipse System 12 - Pros/Cons/Experiences

B

BTBarney

I've been thinking about expanding my tank collection and have been eyeing Marineland's Eclipse System 12 as an option

My questions are:
:?: Can people post their experiences rearing ang breeding, well, any dwarf cichlid in one of these systems?
:?: If so, what did you do and what would you have done differently?

I am mostly interested in Apistogramma species, but I would like to hear other success/failure stories as well.

Thanks in advance for the input/opinions. Look forward to some good and bad stories!
8O Bryan 8O

Neil

I have personally never used one, but I know of several that have (some here on the forum) and they seem to be a pretty ideal little Dwarf tank. Probably more filtration than necessary, but that's pretty minor. I thought of selling Apisto kits at one time. A pair of cacatuoides (and maybe a few dithers), an Eclipse, substrate, plants, wood, etc. You know, everything you would need to have a ready-made apisto tank. But the bio would be tough to deal with.
Anyway, they are good tanks and nice looking to boot. Not a bad option for an addition to your collection.

mordor

5 Year Member
I got one, IMHO too tall for apisto tank. I wish it was longer. Lighting is ok, filtering is enough. Makes to much noise when you open hood, I got two wild corys for more than half year and still when I am opening they get crazy.

L

Leaffish

I personaly feel that the eclipse tank would be an exelent choice for a dwarf tank. I have a 20 gallon eclipse tank set up for rainbows were I work and have never had any trouble with it. The filter system does an exelent job at keeping the tank clean and the lighting is suitable for many plants, java moss and ferns for example. I allso keep mellon swords in my tank and they do fine.

Neil

Leaffish/

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I think that this is truely the best application for an eclipse. A tank for display at work. I have seen a number of people use them for this.
Neil

njmomie

5 Year Member
Eclipse tanks

I have two eclipse tanks, one a 12 gallon and the other a 29 gallon. I have a pair of cacatuoides in the 12 gallon with 5 rummy nose and 2 danios. They do great in there. I only have them for about 2 months so no breedings just yet but the male is definitely showing himself so let's keep our fingers crossed.....
The tanks are wonderful. The only problem I see is the 12 gallon (and smaller ones) are acrylic and tend to scratch very easily so you have to be careful when cleaning the sides. : :D

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….