• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do I have two male orange flash?

Andrew H

Hi, I meant to get a pair of orange flash, but I’m afraid I may have two males! The original inhabitant is being aggressive to the newly added, ambiguous fish. The clearly male fish is tail whipping, doing some chasing, and at times the fish do dual displays with tilting of the male while the ambiguous fish holds its ground, and strong dark coloration that develops in the clearly male fish. The ambiguous fish is clearly a bit stressed out and spending some time hiding behind the filter intake tube, but also moving though the tank and eating when fed.

Can anyone help with an ID? Happy to get additional pics of it would help.

New, ambiguous fish:
BCCD5A07-DF87-41FB-9F03-935C1C68A403.jpeg

original fish, looks very male:
6696A435-62F3-4686-92B0-2F1E322E557B.jpeg

MacZ

Yes, you have two males. Question is for how long, the one in the second picture looks quite old and sickly.

Andrew H

Oh no! The one in the second pic certainly seems healthy enough - great appetite, active and lots of displays etc. But sounds like I’ve got a 2 male problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….